CranioSacral Therapy® deals with a very subtle but important mechanics of all our body. It corrects direct traumas that our body receives from birth traumas, car accidents, sport injuries and other misalignments.
Through a very gentle touch it pursues for the CranioSacral rhythm. The rhythm is created by a hydraulic fluid system called Cerebrospinal Fluid pressure which is produced within the brain and spread through out your head (brain & skull), face and spinal cord. You can feel this rhythm pulse all over the body and it has a normal healthy cycle which when under stress gets arrhythmic and has a poor circulation around the body causing physical, emotional and organic disturbances.
CranioSacral Therapy (CST) is a healing modality that works by applying gentle pressure to your skull bones as well as your spinal cord and other areas of the body to give you relieve from pain to misalignment and more. At the emotional level, CranioSacral Therapy can produce one of the most lightened feelings.
Imagine yourself with a sensation of emotional burdening- anger, frustration, fear, etc. Since you cannot separate from your physical body what your emotional mind and psychic are going through, the process of “stuffing” all this emotions inwards and storing them can lead you to pain, discomfort and lots of different kinds of disease or unhealthy being.
Through combining the findings of CranioSacral misalignments with BodyTalk, the practitioner facilitates you through your healing process by releasing restrictions in the fascia that surround the central nervous system and soft tissues where emotions and belief systems are stored - spinal cord, muscles tissue, connective tissue especially and all the way to your cellular level.
HOW CAN CRANIOSACRAL THERAPY HELP ME?
CranioSacral Therapy enhances the body’s ability to self-correct, hence alleviates a wide variety of dysfunctions, from chronic pain and sports injuries to stroke and neurological impairment. It supports rehabilitation (healing and relief) of restrictions by normalizing the environment around the brain and spinal cord and has addresses these conditions:
- Acute & Chronic Neck and Back Pain
- Migraines and Headaches
- Respiratory Problems
- Vertigo (dizziness)
- Tinnitus (ringing in the ears)
- Joint Sprain
- Muscle Strain
- Pain, soreness and stiffness
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Pre and post orthopedic surgery
- Motor-Coordination Impairments
- Rheumatism / Arthritis / Fibromyalgia Syndrome
- Chronic Fatigue
- Emotional Difficulties
- TMJ (temporomandibular joint) syndrome
- Sport Injuries
- Tennis elbow & Golfer’s elbow
- Carpal Tunnel Syndromes
- Central Nervous System Disorders
- Pre, During & Post Pregnancy & Delivery
- Birth Traumas
- Traumatic Brain and Spinal Cord Injuries
- Bell’s Palsy (Facial Paralysis)
- Learning Disabilities
- Infantile Disorders
- Chronic Viruses & Infections
- Poor Immune System function
- Sugar Metabolism Disorders
- Many Others..
HOW IS CRANIOSACRAL THERAPY APPLIED?
- Sessions are applied with clients fully clothed.
- Gentle pressure is applied, no greater less than a nickel (5 grams), through out your body and especially skull and spinal cord to provoke the healing crisis where you will go through release phenomena called therapeutic facilitated healing process.
- During this process you may experience physical and emotional signs such as heat, vibration, pulsation, tingling, etc.
At Awakening Touch, the CranioSacral Therapy sessions are used integratively only within a BodyTalk session whenever necessary.