Veltheim Method Lymphatic Drainage (VMLD) Treatment
This treatment provides a systematic approach for utilizing anatomical and physiological details from both western and oriental perspectives to lymphatic drainage that produces powerful physical as well as emotional shifts.
It is a highly effective way of moving interstitial fluids through tissues and into the lymphatic system.
Since the lymphatic system is intimately associated with the immune system, this functioning is also improved with VMLD since we're working with pathogens and filtering waste so that the lymph can be safely returned to the circulatory system to deliver nutrients, oxygen, and hormones from the blood to the cells that make up the tissues of the body.
FUNCTIONS OF THE LYMPHATIC SYSTEM
The lymphatic system filters toxins, removes excess fluid, waste, debris, dead blood cells, pathogens, and toxins from cells and the tissue spaces between them because these molecules are too large to enter the capillaries of the circulatory system.
It also helps with the regeneration of healthy tissues in the body. Congested lymph glands, over time, cause circulation problems, the accumulation of unhealthy toxins in the body, puffiness under the eyes, muscle aches, chronic fatigue, spongy-looking skin, painful areas of skin, headaches, a compromised immune system leading to more frequent colds and flu, and more.
HOW CAN VMLD TREATMENT HELP ME?
- acute swelling around an injury site and chronic edema
- removing harmful substances from an area (particularly molecules of emotion, as well as pain inducing chemicals and hormones that are stagnating in breast tissue or around various organs such as the ovaries or the prostate)
- swelling after surgery or trauma;encourages tissue regeneration (e.g., from burns, wounds, post surgical scarring)
- chronic conditions such as sinusitis, arthritis, acne and other skin conditions
- post-treatment removal of cancerous cells
- circulatory disturbances
- sports injuries, among others.
Dramatic and visible changes that can be observed just by helping the lymph flow through an area (for example, shifts in lumps and cysts).
VMLD can also be used in conjunction with Rehabilitation work to restore natural movement to restricted connective tissue and muscles around joints.
HOW IS VMLD APPLIED?
- The application of this method is preferably performed with direct skin contact where you will be fully and adequately draped with sheets and towels at all times.
- Depending on one's cultural background and beliefs it can also be performed energetically with partial skin contact or over clothing.
- Please inform the Practitioner where necessary about any reservations you may have with regards to skin contact before the treatment.
At Awakening Touch, the VMLD sessions are used integratively only within a BodyTalk session whenever necessary.
Contact us today to make an appointment for a treatment session to assist your healing needs.